Here you can find our publications and free resources for Health Professionals.
Please click to download or fill out an order form to purchase.
Parkinson’s WA Publications
We have several publications available to purchase for health professionals, please review the information and contact us directly to place your order.
Guidelines for Nursing Practice in Caring for People with Parkinson’s – currently out of stock and being reviewed
Provides background information on Parkinson’s with emphasis on nursing challenges, with particular reference to surgical, medical, mental health and residential care.
Guidelines for Physiotherapy Practice in Caring for People with Parkinson’s
The purpose of the publication is to provide a rapid reference for physiotherapists treating people with Parkinson’s. It is not intended as a text for those working in neurological speciality areas, but rather as a guide for those encountering people with Parkinson’s who may require physiotherapy treatment for other conditions. Download the order form for this publication here.
Guidelines for Speech Pathologists in Caring for people with Parkinson’s
These guidelines are designed for maximum flexibility in both clinical practice and staff development.
- Part 1 – provides background information about Parkinson’s.
- Part 2 – provides information on speech pathology management of people with Parkinson’s, focusing on communication and swallowing disorders.
Download the order form for this publication here.
Parkinson’s – A General Practice Approach
This is a concise reference on the most common features and clinically relevant aspects of Parkinson’s, with an emphasis on the GP’s role in diagnosis and symptom management. Though primarily aimed at GP’s involved in the care of Parkinson’s patients, others may find this manual useful when suspecting Parkinson’s. This manual is the result of collaboration between Parkinson’s care providers including neurologists, general practitioners (GP’s), Parkinson’s Nurse Specialists and allied health therapists.
To order your free copy please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parkinson’s and Communication
- Parkinson’s and Driving
- Parkinson’s and Hospitalisation
- Medications to be Used with Caution to People with Parkinson’s
- Health Professionals – Medications to be given with caution to people with Parkinson’s
- Medications Used in the Treatment of Parkinson’s
- Young Onset Parkinson’s
- Carers Respite (currently being reviewed)
- Multi System Atrophy (MSA)
- Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
- Cortico Basal Degeneration (CBD)
- Living Young Living Well with Parkinson’s
- Tips for Caring for People with Parkinson’s (only hard copies are available)
In addition, Information Sheets are available here. The Parkinson’s WA office has an extensive library, available to all members.
Free Parkinson’s Resources Health Professionals Order Booklet can be downloaded and filled out here.
We offer our information in other languages, if you require this please click here.
We recommend that you explore other sites which may also be helpful.
Parkinson’s UK has a site for health professionals which we aspire to replicate for Australian health professionals.