A number of community events being held in 2019 offer the opportunity for individuals, groups and teams to fundraise for Parkinson’s WA. Events are happening almost every weekend in Perth and the regions and options for participation and fundraising are varied and numerous.
Some of the activities that have a positive impact on our fundraising bottom line are:
- The Rottnest Channel Swim – highly regarded worldwide and one of Western Australia’s iconic events. The Rottnest Channel Swim is a 19.7km open water swim from Cottesloe Beach to Rottnest Island. Fundraising opportunities for individuals and teams to nominate Parkinson’s WA as your charity of choice.
- The Port to Pub – this swim is an open water swimming event and is open to solos, duos and teams of four and six with either at 19.7km or 25km distance to choose from.
- HBF Run for a Reason – the HBF Run for a Reason has 4km, 12km and 21km half marathon running/walking events in Perth. All races start on Hay Street and finish at Gloucester Park. You can nominate Parkinson’s WA as your charity of choice when you sign up.
- Chevron City to Surf for Activ – Western Australia’s oldest and most loved community fun run is back for the 45th years. It’s an icon of the WA sporting calendar and one of the ‘must do’ runs in Australia. Ideal for individuals and teams to participate and fundraise.
- A Walk In The Park – is Parkinson’s WA signature event. This event provides an organised social opportunity for people with Parkinson’s, their family, friends and the community to come together in a happy, relaxed, friendly atmosphere. All funds raised go directly to Parkinson’s WA.
- The True Grit Challenge – this military style obstacle course and run event is ideal for a small team of committed fundraisers who can raise funds and increase fitness by participating in an event that requires months of training and true grit to complete.
- The Colour Run – also known as the happiest 5km on the planet, is a unique paint race that celebrates healthiness, happiness, and individuality. Grab your mates and join in the celebration while fundraising for Parkinson’s WA.
If you are participating in an event that is not on this list, you can set up your own fundraising page using one of the many online fundraising platforms. Don’t forget to let the fundraising team know so that we can offer support.