Learn about your medications. Ask your doctor or pharmacist about each medication, e.g.; How does it work? When do you take it? Does it interact with food and other drugs?
Note any changes in the way you feel, e.g.
- Is your walking becoming harder?
- Are you having trouble swallowing?
- Is your voice getting softer?
- Have you had any falls recently?
- Are you feeling depressed or down?
- Have you been feeling nervy or anxious?
- Have you had a panic attack?
Note any changes in the effectiveness of your medications, e.g. is your medication wearing off sooner than it used to?
Make the most of your visit to your doctor
- What is the reason for the visit to your doctor?
- Is it a routine visit?
- Do you feel better since your last visit? If you do feel different, what do you think is the reason?
- Is your present medication effective?
- Let your doctor know if you are still staying active and maintaining social contacts
- Ask your doctor to explain anything you don’t understand